Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New York Redux

I know, I know the posts are getting frighteningly more sporadic now.  I guess after living here for over two and half years, your observations just become...well, less so.

I am getting to re-live some of the energy of a new New Yorker through a good friend who just moved to town.  He is already going through the confusion of learning the subway, and the adjustments that come with your body being your primary mode of transportation.  Of course, to really learn the subway, you have to ride it, which he says he has not done yet.  I believe that will change once he sees the budgetary impact of taking taxis everywhere.

So spring is coming to the City again (not soon enough), and you can feel it on the streets as people flock to cafe tables and wander aimlessly on sidewalks just to get outside. I have always been a lover of winter, but one thing New York will do to you is change that.  I do still love a good snow, but now, I am also a lover of warm weather vacations in February.  In fact, warm weather vacations are now on my list of New York must-haves.  As are good, old fashioned rain boots, which I recently invested $36 in a pair.  Walking to work on this crazy,  crazy rainy day without having to circumnavigate around every corner's puddle makes this purchase long over due. If you are moving here, I suggest you get a pair as soon as you can.

So I promise to become more observant again and post more frequently.  Thanks for sticking with me.